Have you made your mind to lose weight and look slim? We have got the best plan for you! It’s a Ketogenic Diet! Wondering what is a ketogenic diet? How can it benefit you? We have all the answers covered in this blog. But, the very first thing is to understand what exactly is a ketogenic diet?
A keto or ketogenic diet is a low-carb, moderate protein and a high-fat diet. It turns the body into a fat-burning machine and puts it into a metabolic state known as ketosis. It has various proven benefits of health, weight loss, and performance.
How the Ketogenic Diet Works?
On a ketogenic diet, your entire body switches its fuel supply to run almost entirely on fat. Insulin levels become very low, and the fat burns increase with great speed. With ketogenic diet, it becomes easy to reach your fat stores to burn them off.
- Cut down on carbs.
- Improve your consumption of healthy fats.
- Without glucose entering your body, it’s now forced to burn fat and produce ketones instead.
- Once the blood levels of ketones rise to a specific point, you now officially enter into ketosis.
- This results in consistent, fairly quick weight loss until your body reaches a healthy and stable weight.
A ketogenic diet is great if you’re trying to lose weight, but there are also other fewer benefits that it offers such as less hunger and a steady supply of energy, keeping you alert and focused.
Other Benefits of Ketogenic Diet
- Better Mental Focus: Your brain has a consistent energy source for better mental focus. If you are looking to improve your mental focus, keto is a great way to accomplish that naturally.
- Epilepsy: One of the main ketogenic benefits is for the people who have epilepsy is that they do not need too many medications.
- In Reversing Type 2 Diabetes: If you have any blood sugar issues or type 2 diabetes, consider the ketogenic diet for the best results. It is highly effective at reversing type 2 diabetes.
- Cancer: Cancer cells feed off of sugar. Cancer cells don’t know how to use ketones as a fuel source so if you eliminate sugars from your diet; it’s been shown to stop the growth of cancerous cells. While keto itself is not going to cure cancer, it can go a long way in treating it.
What to eat on a keto diet?
Here are the typical foods to enjoy on a ketogenic diet:
- Fats & Oils: Try getting fat from the natural sources like meat and nuts.
- Dairy: Most of the dairy products are fine, but prefer buying full-fat dairy products. Harder cheeses usually have fewer carbs.
- Protein: Try sticking to organic, pasture-raised and grass-fed meat where possible. Also, too much protein on keto diet is also not good.
- Beverages: Stay simple and stick to mostly water.
- Vegetables and Fruits: The best type of vegetables for a ketogenic diet are low in carbohydrates and high in nutrients. Try to go after cruciferous vegetables that are grown above ground, leafy, and green.
- Nuts and Seeds: For typical eating, you want to stick with fattier and lower carbohydrate nuts such as Macadamia nuts, brazil nuts, and pecans.
What to avoid?
The most crucial thing for reaching ketosis is to avoid eating too many carbs. You’ll apparently need to keep the carb intake under 50 grams per day of net carbs, ideally below 20 grams. The fewer carbs, the more effective. Avoid foods having a lot of sugar and starch. This comprises starchy foods such as rice, bread, pasta, and potatoes. These foods are very high in carbs.
With Ketogenic diet, you experience a life where your body isn’t running on glucose, and you will feel so good about it. You will be more energetic and have clearer thinking. The amazing thing is you will love the feeling that your body is no longer holding you back from what you want to do.