Have a big event coming up in a week? Want to get rid of the bloated stomach and get a flatter belly? Having a flat belly is on the top of the list of many people’s fitness regime. Getting a flatter belly in just a week is an avid goal, but by sticking to a proper plan, you can make a difference to your shape. Hence by the end of the week, you can make your stomach look flatter with some posture and style tricks. To discover the tips and tricks for a flatter belly, read on:
1. Stay Away from Salt:
Eating foods that are high in salts could be one of the reasons due to which your belly is looking bloated and puffy. Salt retains fluid that adds several pounds to your weight. Instead, add flavor to your foods with other spices & herbs. Some of them are:
- Cinnamon: It can lower your cholesterol and reduce your blood sugar.
- Ginger: It helps you to clear the weekend food out of your system with the help of digestive tract.
- Mustard seed: With just one teaspoon of mustard seeds, you can increase your calorie burning.
- Cayenne: It helps you to stimulate your metabolism to burn more calories.
So, putting your salt shaker away and getting these spices can help you a lot.
2. Go Green and Get Fresh:
Eating a meal of fresh fruits and vegetables will burn 15% of your calories. Veggies and fruits are rich in vitamin C and thus help in burning food. Avoid eating dried plums as they contain sorbitol which can lead to additional bloating and gas.
3. Fiber is Your Buddy:
To get your digestive tract move again, you need fiber. You should try to inculcate fiber in your every meal.
- For Breakfast: If you have acidity, try wheat toast. If not, oatmeal flavored with raisins would be perfect.
- For lunch: You can try some barley soup.
- For Snacks: Grab a few nuts such as almonds or peanuts. The Fiber in nuts keeps your digestion regular and allows you to feel satisfied.
- For Dinner: A baked potato with light and one hundred calorie is gentle on your stomach. It is enriched in fiber and is cholesterol free.
4. Say No to Alcohol:
According to American Journal of Epidemiology, people who heavily drink alcohol are more likely to get bloated. Restrain your body from alcohol and carbonated beverages for a few days. Alcohol leads to digestive problems and dehydration. The best thing is to drink water. Water helps in flushing out impurities and enables your digestion to get back on track. Also, drinking six to eight glasses a day is a healthy habit.
5. Chew Properly and Slowly:
While eating fastly, you swallow air which leads to bloating your belly and poor digestion. Enjoy each mouthful and try to slow down. Avoid distractions and multitasking, this way you can focus on eating your food slowly and not just gulping it. It will help you a lot in flattening your belly.
6. Watch Out the Intake of Sugar:
Many people don’t know how much hidden sugar they are intaking on a daily basis. Only staying away from cookies and chocolate bars won’t help much, many other things like frozen foods, sauces, yogurts and health bars have hidden sugar that adds calories. Consuming high amount of sugar will make it harder to lose belly flat. Read all labels of food before buying it. If you want to look best for the upcoming event in a week, stick to wholesome and natural foods.
7. Do Some Exercise Every Day:
Many studies suggest that mild physical activity alleviates bloating and clears gas. It is because the increasing breathing and heart rate spurs the regular contractions of the intestinal muscles, thus helps in preventing gas buildup and constipation by expediting digestion. If you walk for 10 minutes every day, it helps in burning 26 calories along with strengthening your heart rate. If you don’t get the time to go for a walk, you can try another form of exercise. It boosts your metabolism. Try to getting your heart rate pumping at least once a day to get lean and burn your fat.
For extra help in flattening your belly, consider these special products:
- Peppermint tea or oil capsules contribute to killing the bacteria leads to bloating.
- Use a product such as Tums, Gas-X, Pepto Bismal, or Bean.
- You can try a digestive enzyme like a probiotic capsule.
- Drink chamomile or fennel tea.
- Try a gentle colon cleanser.
- One of the best advice is to stop checking your weight every day. Instead, judge your bloating by the fit of your clothes.
With incorporating these easy tips into your everyday routine, achieve the best results and get a flatter belly in a week!