Stress has become the part of our daily life. We often experience stress at work, at home or the road. In addition to this, we even experience it when arguing with our near and dear ones.
There are two types of stress: the negative stress and the positive stress. The positive pressure helps us work productively whereas the negative one hinders our progress. Because of these reasons, it becomes important to learn how to manage stress.
Below are three simple hacks to manage stress:
Positive Self Talk
We all have various instances in a day where we talk with. There are two types of self-talk. One is loudly, and another one is in our heads. The second one is more common among people. Again self-talks have two categories: -Positive Self-Talk and Negative Self-Talk. The positive Self-talk includes phrases like “I can do this” or “everything will be fine” on the contrary the negative ones include “I can’t do this” or “I will never get better”. The latter one increases stress in an individual. So, it is advisable to engage in positive self-talk.
Here are some examples of how you can convert negative ones into positive.
You can change “I can’t do this” to “I’ll do the best I can.” I’ve got this. Here the second one is “I hate it when this happens” to “I know how to deal with this; I’ve done it before.” Another one, “I can’t believe I screwed up” to “I’m human, and we all make mistakes. I can fix it.”
To make it work, practice positive self-talk every day.
Pro Tip: You can teach this to your kids. It will help them manage exam stress.
You must we wondering what “Emergency Stress-Stoppers” are and how will they help you? The answer to this question is that Emergency Stress-Stoppers are actions that defuse stress in various situations. There are different stress-stoppers for different conditions.
Below are some examples that you can apply in a stressful situation:
- You can count to ten before speaking anything.
- You can always take a few deep breaths that will help you feel better or relaxed.
- Go for a short walk this will give you some time to think about things calmly.
- Listen to music or watch some inspiration video this will take off your mind from a stressful situation.
- Meditation or prayer can come handy in these situations.
- Work out or do some exercise as they are a great antidote to stress.
3. Stress Busting Activates
Hobbies or doing things just for fun can be of great help during tense situations. There are many fun activities that you can do to uplift your mood.
A few are mentioned below:-
- Drawing or coloring can be of great help
- You can work on scrapbook or photo album to focus on good memories.
- Read book or magazines as they can increase your creativity.
- Play crossword puzzles
Managing stress is essential if you want to grow in your personal life or professional life. Simple things can work for you if you have a positive mind-set.